in the far distance the Ballinacarriga Hills on March 11th, 1984.
The burning fuselage came down in the foreground
Greg Dooley, Rev. Michael Maher, Michael Murphy
The Look Out Post on the ridge of the Ballinacarriga Hill.
Rev. Michael Maher, Michael Murphy, Rolf Hölterhoff

Greg Dooley, Rev. Michael Maher, Michael Murphy

The area to which Michael Murphy laid the bodies waiting for the Garda:

Rolf Hölterhoff, Rev. Michael Maher and Michael Murphy and the JU 88’s propeller hub embedded.

The crash site, where three people can be seen, viewed from an Look Out Post.
View from the ridge against the flight direction of the aircraft. In the background the cliffs of White and Black Ball Head
View from the ridge in the fall direction of the aircraft. Left in the background Dursey Island
Once more again view from the ridge in the decending direction of the aircraft. Left in the background Dursey Island
Michael Murphy at the impact point on the ridge.
The watch marking where the aircraft knocked out some stone.
This shows the Ballinacarriga Hill against the flight direction.
It was at this graveyard within view of the crash site that the four man crew was buried in 1943.
Wing fragment from D7+DK which returned to Germany in 1984 and still bore a clearly legible maker’s plate.
End of september 1985 the fog dominates the Ballinacarriga Hill again.
End of september 1985 we met again to visit the new erected memorial at Dursey Head cabelcar station (Michael Maher, Ilse and Hans Faßbender, Vroni und Rolf Hölterhoff, Michael Murphy)
The memorial stone plaque erected within view of the crash site at Dursey Head cabelcar station in September 1985.
Left: Rolf Hölterhoff and Michael Murphy visiting the farmhouse where a wall plaque is dating back to 1943. It was close to this cottage where in the burning fuselage the crew was found.
Memorial plaque on the wall of the farm house close to where Michael Murphy found the four victims of the crash..

The graves in the graveyard in Glencree, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.

A weather reconnaissance JU 88 of Wekusta 2 especially decorated to mark it’s return from the unit’s 500th sortie.
Crew member Mr. Körber signs a document after his return form a sortie.
JU 88 D-1 of the Wekusta 2 Ob.d.L. fitted with additional front guns including a twin machine gun and a machine cannon gun.
JU 88 D-1 long distance reconnaissance plane of Wekusta 2 Ob.d.L. in 1943
Bull Rock and its lighthouse photographed from JU 88 in 1943..
View from the Ballinacarriga Hill against flight direction of D7+DK. Right in the background the peninsulas Black and White Ball Head.

“Bull Rock” taken from a Beechcraft KING AIR aircraft about 1990.